Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited is committed to respecting your privacy.
Who collects your information via the CJ Website?
The CJ Website is a website owned and operated by Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited, a company registered in United Kingdom and whose registered office is 15 Esplanade St Helier Jersey JE1 1RB, Channel Islands, UK (“Company”).
The Company has sole responsibility for the content included on the CJ Website.
Information collected about you
The Company may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you provide via the CJ Website. You may provide information about yourself by filling in the enquiry form on the CJ Website, by corresponding with Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited by the contact e-mail address made available on the CJ Website, when you register to receive the Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited newsletter, by subscribing to the Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited’s informational post, participating in other social media activities on the CJ Website made available via the CJ Website, participating in any customer surveys and when you report a problem with the CJ Website. The information you provide may include your name, address, e-mail address and contact number.
- Information collected about you via the CJ Website. With regard to each of your visits to the CJ Website, the following information may be automatically collected:
- technical information, including the internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from the CJ Website (including date and time); pages you viewed; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call any Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited contact number.
- Information received from other sources Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited may receive information about you if you use any other websites operated by Abdul Latif Jameel businesses or any service provided by Abdul Latif Jameel. Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited works closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies, customer survey providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
Information held about you may be used in the following ways:
- Information you provide via the CJ Website. This information may be used:
- for internal record keeping and administration;
- to provide you with the information and services you request via the CJ Website (including without limitation news items, information and updates about Abdul Latif Jameel Community initiatives International Limited);
- to be shared with members of Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited or Abdul Latif Jameel businesses;
- to provide you with information about Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited goods, products and services similar to those you may have already expressed an interest in or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods or services which may interest you;
- to perform and analyse the results of customer surveys and feedback about Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited, including being combined with information gathered from other survey participants;
- to allow you to be contacted by third parties who carry out customer surveys and feedback about the Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited;
- to notify you about changes to the CJ Website’s service;
- to address any enquires you may have raised via the CJ Website; and/or
- to ensure content from the CJ Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- Information the CJ Website may collect about you. This information may be used:
- to administer the CJ Website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the CJ Website to ensure content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the CJ Website, when you choose to do so;
- as part of efforts to keep the CJ Website safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of promotional and marketing activities, and to deliver relevant promotional and marketing activities to you; and/or
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the CJ Website about goods or services which may interest you or them.
- Information that Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited receives from other sources. Information from other sources may be combined with information you provide and information collected about you. This information and the combined information may be used for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information received). In particular, statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies (including clear gifs) may be collected to help monitor your response to Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited e-newsletters and to improve these e-newsletters.
Disclosure of your information
Your personal information will not be sold, distributed or leased to third parties to use for their own purposes unless you give your permission or there is a legal requirement to do so.
However, you agree and consent that:
- Your personal information may be shared with any Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited or Abdul Latif Jameel businesses. In particular, if you submit an enquiry using the enquiry form available on the CJ Website, your enquiry and any personal information you provide in it will be sent to the relevant Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited or Abdul Latif Jameel businesses (based on the enquiry criteria you select). Your personal information may then be held by such Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited or Abdul Latif Jameel businesses as part of its enquiry / customer database.
- Your personal information may be shared with selected third parties including:
- Marketing services providers to deliver e-newsletter and updates.
- Market research businesses or similar organisations for the undertaking and analysis of customer surveys and feedback.
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract.
- Analytics and search engine providers who assist in the improvement and optimisation of the CJ Website.
- Your personal information may be disclosed to third parties:
- In the event any business of Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited or Abdul Latif Jameel sells or buys any business or assets, in which case your personal data may be disclosed to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited or an Abdul Latif Jameel business or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where your personal data is stored
The CJ Website will be, managed and operated from United Arab Emirates. The data collected from you via the CJ Website will be initially stored on servers currently located in the Northern Ireland. The data may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA, who work for Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited or Abdul Latif Jameel business or for one of its suppliers. By providing your personal data to the CJ Website, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although all steps reasonably necessary will be taken to protect your personal data, the security of your data transmitted to the CJ Website cannot be guaranteed; any such transmission is at your own risk. Information submitted via the CJ Website is normally unprotected until it reaches the Company. Users are requested not to send confidential details or credit card numbers, for example, by email or the enquiry form. Once your information is received, strict procedures and security features will be used to try to prevent unauthorised access.
For how long is your personal information kept?
The time period for which your information is kept varies according to what your information is used for. In some cases there are legal or regulatory requirements to keep data for a minimum period. Unless there is a specific legal requirement to keep the information, it will be retain for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the data was collected or for which it is to be further processed.
At any time you can ask for your stored information to be deleted from the Company’s database using the contact details below. However, some of your information may be retained in some circumstances, such as to resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce terms and conditions or as required by regulators. Further, in some circumstances such information is never entirely removed from databases due to technical constraints and systems back-ups.
You have the right to ask for your personal data not to be processed for marketing purposes. You will usually be informed (before collecting your data) if your data is intended to be used for such purposes or to be disclosed to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the enquiry form used to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you fill in a form on the CJ Website (for example, the enquiry form), you must use any check boxes to indicate your preferences regarding use of your information and/or do not provide the relevant information. If you do not want your data to be used in this way, or for your details to be passed on to third parties for marketing purposes, please ensure you indicate this using the relevant box. However, please note if you do not provide all or correct information requested, it may not possible to provide you with the relevant information and/or services.
The CJ Website may contain links to and from the websites of other businesses of Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited or Abdul Latif Jameel, partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note these websites have their own privacy policies and Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited does not accept any responsibility or liability for these websites or policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. For more information about this right please see the Information Commissioner’s Office website at ico.org.uk
Abdul Latif Jameel Community Initiatives International Limited does not knowingly collect the information of, or make contact with, children, including to participate in customer research activities. If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information via the CJ Website. Users aged 18 or under without such consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.